Want to donate items to LCR ?
Lancaster Creative Reuse is a donations-based store. We appreciate the many items we receive to make available to others at low cost and utilize in our educational efforts. At the moment, we are a small operation that has been executing some BIG things in the community of Lancaster PA. This cannot be accomplished without the support of our store donors and customers! Below is a guide as to what we generally do and do not accept.
- Donations that can easily be carried into the store in one or two trips are accepted at any time during store hours.
-Large donations (3+ boxes or bags or that need staff/volunteer assistance) require an appointment so that we can be ready to receive your items. We have a cart and a hand-truck that can be used for transportation of items into the store as well.
Please call the store at 717-617-2977 during store hours to schedule.
- Please make sure the containers you bring are not more than 25 pounds and are easy to handle and carry.
If it is too heavy for you it is too heavy for us.
When to donate items?
Tuesday 10:30am - 1:30pm
Wednesday 10:30am - 1:30pm
Thursday 10:30am - 5:30pm
Friday 10:30am - 1:30pm
Saturday 10:30am - 1:30pm
It is IMPERATIVE that donations are not left outdoors when the store is closed. We must be courteous to our surrounding businesses and our property owner. Dumping is illegal !
Items we generally ask for:
- art paints - oil, acrylic, tempera
- painting canvas - new or used
- craft materials - pipe cleaners, wiggly eyes, pom-poms
- mason and baby food jars (clean with covers)
- wool fabric/ wool roving
- leather pieces
- cotton fabrics for quilting
- complete embroidery and other kits
- costume jewelry / jewelry making supplies
- stamping and paper craft materials
- cookie cutters / candy molds (clean)
- kits of any kind (if not complete, bag and indicate)
- sewing patterns (in not complete, secure and indicate)
Items we are OVER-stocked in at the moment:
- frames, glass, and mat board
- glass bottles (these can be recycled)
Where can I take these other items you do not accept? (click me)
Items we do NOT accept : (again...at the moment - see expansion details above!)
- dishware - mugs - or broken dishes
- styrofoam food containers
- clothing / sheets / towels
- curtains / curtain racks
- cabinet sewing machines
- antique quilt frames
- tile larger than 6x6 in
- house paint
- books or magazines not related to Arts Crafts or Fiber Arts
PLEASE nothing that is:
- sticky - smelly
- dusty - dirty
- moldy - or tangled
Plastic containers/lids - must be clean and did not touch peanuts
we just do not have the cleaning facilities or the current man power to rehab these items
For an idea of what we take, peruse this list of Things We Usually Carry.
LCR is a 501(c)3 organization and persons can receive a donation receipt for tax purposes.